Raw material information
- Pure PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene)
- Heat resistant from – 200 °C to + 260 °C (- 328 °F to +500 °F)
- Shrinking temperature of 330 °C +/- 10 °C (626 °F +/- 10°F
- Universal chemical resistance
Our PTFE heat shrink tubes of 2:1 shrinking ratio are manufactured according to AWG standards (American Wire Gauge) and are harmonized with the current cable diameters of the electrical industry.
Besides applications in the cable assembly for the use in harsh environments our heat shrink products are increasingly used in chemical processes to protect sensitive components from corrosion. The low permeation of our heat shrink tubes protects sensitive components during a long and effective time from any acids and bases.
If requested, FDA compliant raw materials, which are used for food and beverage applications of all kind, can be employed for the production of the tubes.
- 80 different standard types of heat shrink tubes for objects with a diameter from 0,30 mm to 11,60 mm (0.011” to 0,45”)
- 10 different colors on request
- Standard delivery in production lengths wrapped on spools or in 1,22m lengths
- Other possible packaging on request
- Specific products on request
Originally developed for the electrical industry, our PTFE heat shrink tubes with 2:1 shrinking ratio are mainly used, based on the possible combinations of different wall thicknesses, in medical and laboratory applications, wire and cable assembly, as well as in the food industry.