Raw material information
Halar® ECTFE is a partially fluorinated semi-crystalline polymer offering a unique combination of properties such as:
- Temperature of continuous use ranges from – 50 °C (-58°F) to + 150 °C (+302°F)
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- Good mechanical properties
- Very good stability to high-energy rays
- Good release properties
- Low permeation
- High abrasion resistance
- Sterilizable and autoclavable
APT produces Halar® ECTFE tubes and welding rods from the Solvay grades 901 and 500 LC. Diameters can range from 0,3 mm (0.010”) to a maximum outer diameter of 25 mm (1.000”).
Depending on customer’s request, Halar® ECTFE tubes can be shipped in coils, on spools or supplied in straight length up to 6 m (18ft.).
On basis of these excellent characteristics, Halar® ECTFE tubes can be used for several applications in the industrial sector:
- Architectural applications
- Laboratory process engineering
- Anti-corrosion applications (protective linings)